Visit our video demonstration page to learn how we collect the data. Watch our researchers demonstrate how we transform a soldier's wartime and life experiences into the thousands of variables that comprise the Union Army data.
Through our Bulk Download Systems:
- The Union Army sample of over 39,000 white army veterans complete with life-cycle data.
- The Original United States Colored Troops sample of 6,000 USCT veterans.
- The Urban sample which provides life-cycle data for over 9,000 soldiers who enlisted in the largest US cities.
- An additional 15,000 USCT veterans (Expanded USCT sample).
- Life histories of Andersonville survivors alive in 1900.
Through our Historical GIS tab:
- GIS Ward level city maps and spreadsheets of ward characteristics.
- The Oldest Old sample will provide data on over 1,500 veterans who survived to age 95 or older.
Welcome to the archive! In this archive you'll be able to:
- Customize your own data extract
- Download entire data sets
- Access User Guides and Codebooks
- Watch data collection and extraction instructional videos.